Sunday 14 January 2018

Waiting...

Having signed up to a Coinbase account and paid some money in I am still waiting for the email from Coinbase to say the money has been credited to the account so that I can start investing.

Some of my research highlighted a lot of frustration with Coinbase due to the long time it takes to verify your identity.


I provided my driving licence. This was a simple process of recieving a link on my phone which wjen opened fired up my camera and I was prompted to take pictures of the front & back of the licence. Having read all the negative comments I fully expected this to take about 5 days at least. I'm pleased to report that it took less than 5 minutes so I am happy with that although the Coinbase website does indicate that some trades are taking a long time to process.

The big advantage over many of the other services is that Coinbase deals in UK pounds. I have also found that if you do small trades straight from the Coinbase dashboard small trades are charged to your credit or debit card and the cost is considerably higher than investing using money credited from your bank account. I will wait until the bank transfer has completed until I actually purchase any cryptocurrency.

Hopefully some of this stuff is useful but if theres anything you want to know about i'll see if I can help. Once you subcribe to this blog you will be able to comment.

Thanks for reading....

The Inept Investor


Current Status of my Investment :-

Bitcoin = £0.00
Ethereum = £0.00
Litecoin = £0.00

Total Value of investment = -£189.16p

13/01/18 - £185.16p transferred from bank account to Coinbase account + Bank Charges of £4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.